Sunday 16 February 2014

A Two Week Wait of a different kind

Spend even a short amount of time on any pregnancy/conception forums and you will see women talking about the dreaded TWW, the 'Two Week Wait.' It's that difficult time between ovulation and the expected arrival of your period, wondering if this month will be the month, that you're finally pregnant.

I am in the middle of a two week wait of a different kind, but it's giving me a taste of what is to come. I have two weeks to go until my birth control implant is removed and the wait is driving me crazy! I even called up the surgery to see if they could move my appointment forward a week, but unfortunately (fortunately?) my doctor is away. The last two weeks have dragged by SO SLOWLY, I don't even want to think about how the next two are going to go.

I suppose it's that nagging feeling that everything is going to take longer than expected, and I feel like I am wasting precious time! These two weeks now feel like they could make all the difference in the world. Hubby was all for me having it removed early and seemed a little bummed when I told him it wouldn't be possible after all. Ever the optimist, he ended with, "Oh well, gives you time to lose a little more weight, hey?" True, but not exactly what I wanted to hear at the time.

I'm dreaming about babies. I dream that I am carrying one, that I have had one, that I have lost one... just about every possibility my dreaming mind can imagine. I'm busy reading books, forums, making lists, cleaning out the spare room, not to mention work which is crazy at this time of year. But the thought of baby is always there in the back of my mind.

So I am learning patience.



"Not yesterday, not tomorrow, but now, but that is just temporary"

No comments:

Post a Comment