Sunday 2 February 2014

Baby Sales!

As some of you may know, the Target Baby Sale is on at the moment.. and the Big W Baby Sale starts next week!

I know that it's not a good idea to get too carried away, as hubby reminded me, we have no idea how long it may take us to fall pregnant, or if it will even be possible. The worst things I can imagine is having a room ful of baby things staring accusingly at me as the months or years pass.

However...

I couldn't stay away! My very best friend who just had her first has arranged to take me shopping in the next school holidays, she told me there is a lot of stuff I think I will need that I wont, and stuff I don't think I'll need that I probably will. One things I remember her telling me is that everyone buys newborn clothes as gifts, but very few buy for the 3 months plus age.

It is a bit temptation to me to buy little boys clothes, after all, whenever hubby and I talk about babies it seems to be about baby boys. I know that is I part because of some reservations I have about raising girls in general, but there are also some other issues that I'd rather not go into here. Not yet anyway. Having said that, the little girls clothes are ADORABLE!

I tried to make sure that I didn't buy too much and that anything I did buy was more 'neutral' although I have no problem putting a baby girl in blue (not a fan of pink myself, although hubby keeps buying me pink clothes and I think I am slowly warming to the colour after 35 years).


I was also determined to find a box of some type to store things in. For one thing, it will limit what I buy - if it wont fit in the box I wont buy it. For another, it'll be easy to keep out of sight of visiting friends and family. The one thing I didn't count on  was just how hard it would be to find a nice box! I admit, I didn't look too hard. My choices were limited to Target, Big W and Kmart. I was surprised however that there was a huge lack of 'toy boxes' - I imagine kids these days must just leave their mountains of toys all over the place! (I'll save my 'kids these days' thoughts for another post!).



I also managed to pick up an Australian Edition baby book. Keep on eye out for a future post about the content, hoping that it is better than the last one.



2 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of buying books 'for work'...that never actually ever get to work because in my head as i buy them i'm really thinking. 'for my child one day'! As a kindy teacher you're constantly reading kids books and finding gems! I love 'how much i love you'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can relate to that! I am a teacher and usyally take books from home to school. I've stopped for this year, keeping my favourites at home in case I need them =]

      Delete