Tuesday 6 October 2015

Capture Your Grief: Day 6, Books


The prompt for today says:
So many of us turn to reading in the wake of the death of our children. We take solace in other people’s words, stories, journeys and wisdom. Have you read any books that have helped in this journey of healing after loss? 
 I can't say that I have read any books specifically about loss. Not this time anyway. I did read a lot years ago when two very close family friends died tragically and unexpectedly, and it did help. Some.

I usually read as a means of escape. To be taken away to another world completely. Or I read autobiographies, a way of normalising heartache really. It happens to all of us, just in different ways.

One thing I have found really useful though is to read blogs and online magazines from the baby loss community. I have linked a few on the blog before, but here they are for easy reference:

Still Mothers: Living Childless After Loss
Still Standing Magazine: Surviving Child Loss and Infertility
SANDS Australia: Miscarriage, Stillbirth and Newborn Death Support

No comments:

Post a Comment