Thursday 1 October 2015

Capture Your Grief: Day 1, Sunrise



The prompt for today says...

Make yourself a nice cup of tea and sit down to breathe in the fresh air, the scent of the new morning and all of the colours and sounds as they transform around you. Take some time to breathe the sunrise in.  Spend some time reflecting upon your children and your journey so far.

This past year has been really tough for us. We try to take every day as a new beginning, but sometimes it is hard. I don't want to start again. I want my life to go back to where it was heading, to where I thought it was supposed to be.

This morning was beautiful. The sky was clear, the air so crisp. We're lucky here to be surrounded by trees and the scent of the eucalyptus, and the jasmine next door, was lovely. When I really focus on these things, practice a little mindfulness, it's almost possible for just a second to forget that there is pain in the world. Everything seems so still and perfect.

The baby loss club is one that no one wants to be a part of. There are so many women who suffer this pain silently. My thoughts are with them today. The women who haven't reached out, who haven't discovered the wonderful support available through this community, even if it is just reading the stories of others online.


For more information, see http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/capture-your-grief-2015 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea and you seem great at voicing your feelings. I was never good beyond, "I am so angry!" Despite now having our baby I'm finding this month, October being Baby Loss month, keeps reminding me of our lost baby. I look at my son and his different looks, sounds, actions and wonder what our lost baby would have been like. One day you'll have your rainbow baby but just know you'll still mourn the babies you lost. - babybj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babybj :)

      I can only imagine what it must be like for you to relish every new behaviour in your little one, yet see the shadow there of what might have been. I've been thinking about you the last few days and wondering how you have been coping with the absolute joy of your new boy and the sadness of your loss. All I can say is take care of yourself, and don't feel bad for feeling sad, or angry or whatever you feel at any given time. Love to you x

      Delete
  2. Hi Bron,
    I have been thinking about you and your journey these last few weeks. We were in the ttc#1 thread together a while back. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all this pain and grief. I think it's amazing what you are doing with your blog, and I know you are helping a tremendous number of ladies and their partners who are also going through the same thing. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.
    .- Bagelbagel81

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bagel!

      Thanks for checking in on us. It seems like a lifetime ago that I was obsessively checking that TTC#1 thread. Thank you for your kind words about my blog, it is sometimes totally heart wrenching to write, so if there's some good in it then that is enough :)

      Thanks for your kind words and wishes, hope everything is well with you x

      Delete