Sunday 2 March 2014

A Lovely Sunday Afternoon

I love Sundays.

Sometimes I go to church. Sometimes I shop and sometimes I cook. Most often, I end up pottering around the house in search of something to make. Lately, this means anything to do with babies.

I am aware that some of the things I am making may never be used by a child of my own, but the urge is there and I'm not fighting it.

I posted my first attempt a few days ago, and have since made another little bodysuit -


I have a few other designs in mind, but today I had the urge to try something different. I had a pack of plain white bibs in the cupboard, so thought I would have a go at drawing some food themed characters with my Crayola fabric pens. There are probably better choices out there, but I know that Crayola are non-toxic so it saved me worrying about that!


Not 100% happy with how they turned out, but I also think they are pretty good for a first try! The only hassle about this was the 4 minute ironing time to set the design. These bibs are non-iron but I think they survived ok, apart from the poor strawberry whose face is stuck together, but I think I can fix that.

I also have a few plushie designs in mind, mostly from the Ni No Kuni game, but lack the materials to make them exactly the way I have planned. They'll be great companions for my Toko, who will be perfect once his arms have been adjusted -


This is also helping me keep my mind of the pain in my arm. It's years since I have had stitches and I know I am just being a big sook, but my arm is so sore! All for a good cause, we hope =]

No comments:

Post a Comment