Tuesday 31 December 2013

An Introduction

My name is Bron, I am a 35 year old woman with an amazing 33 year old husband. We have been married for almost 4 years and finally, for the first time in all that time, feel settled enough in our lives personally and professionally to start thinking seriously about starting a family.

We both come from 6 member households, and both our families have their share of dysfunction. We know there are mistakes our parents have made that we do not want to repeat and mixed with that are things we have learned from our parents that we hope to pass on to our own children.

Our views of families and children are also coloured by our professions. My husband works in retail and has endless stories of screaming children tearing his store apart, before that he worked in hospitality and the stories were of fussy eaters, crying babies and cleaning up the floors after visits from children’s birthday groups! I am a primary school teacher and sometimes the thought of working with kids all day and then coming home to more of my own is more than a little scary.

As well as blogging and teaching I love all kinds of arty crafty things. I love sewing plushies and toys for kids, I draw, I paint, I love computers, I love games (I met my husband playing online!) and I love the possibilities that life can bring.

The main reason I wanted to start this blog is to pull together all my thoughts about the challenge ahead of us and to share what we learn along the way. If any of the information here is of even a little use to another woman considering becoming a mother after 35 then that is good enough for me!

All of the ideas here will be my own. Sometimes I will share posts, resources, or other snippets from around the web or from people in my life that I find meaningful and worth sharing, but they will be here because I want them here.


Thank you for stopping by and taking this journey with us towards possible parenthood.

 Newborn Booties Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment