Sunday 17 April 2016

15 things everyone should know about grief after pregnancy loss



I found an article online, 15 things doctors don't tell you about grief after pregnancy loss but should, and as I read, I couldn't help but thinking that as much as I do wish someone had told me these things after my first loss, I think it is important for EVERYONE to know these things about pregnancy loss. So to do my bit, I am posting the list below. If you want to read more about each item on the list, please head to the original article (link above).

1) No matter what stage of loss during pregnancy it hurts
2) Some will not acknowledge your loss
3) It hurts like hell psychically and emotionally
4) You blame yourself 
5) You lose trust in your body
6) You feel isolated
7) You will grieve for what would have been
8) It happens more than you think
9) Some will be mean
10) You will grieve differently than your partner
11) It’s traumatic
12) There is support
13) A ritual goodbye can help no matter what stage of loss.
14) You are still at risk for PMADs but don’t confuse that with normal grief
15) You will always remember 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment