Friday 25 August 2017

7 month update!


If I don't get this done now she'll be 8 months before I know it!

Our girl is coming on in leaps and bounds. She babbles away almost non-stop and is so curious and interested in everything around her. She loves being outside and we have started to play in the backyard as the weather warms up - well, it's not raining at least!

She has a fairly set routine that she has worked herself into, sleeping 8-8.30 and waking only once or twice to feed. She has two naps and the 2-3-4 routine seems to work for her, although its more like 2-2.5-3.5 most of the time!

A lot of nap time is made up of meal prep at the moment, I am still cooking two different meals, one for me and baby, and one for dad. He's slowly starting to be a little more adventurous with his eating and I have managed to introduce a couple of new meals to his rotation! I am trying to set a routine for myself of household chores during her morning nap and "me" time during the afternoon. Planning anything at all for the afternoon nap seems to be a surefire way to guarantee she'll only sleep for 30 minutes!

Playgroup and story time (the photo above is from Story time at the library last week) are going really well and she loves interacting with the other little ones. It's good for me too, a chance to catch up with some new friends and a regular opportunity to get out of the house.

We had lunch at a restaurant for my uncle's 60th and it was her first time eating out. I ordered a chicken burger and veggies and we shared. She did so well and I was so proud of her sitting feeding herself. I am planning to post a bit about the different meals she's been eating, so keep an eye out for that in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment